Subject: Re: [PATCH] net: fec: Add "phy-reset-active-low" property to DT

From: Troy Kisky <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2016 10:16:22 -0700

We need that for a custom hardware that needs the reverse reset
sequence.

Signed-off-by: Bernhard Walle <[email-masked]>
---
 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/net/fsl-fec.txt | 3 +++
 drivers/net/ethernet/freescale/fec_main.c         | 8 ++++++--
 2 files changed, 9 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)
diff --git a/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/net/fsl-fec.txt
b/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/net/fsl-fec.txt
index a9eb611..a4799ff 100644
--- a/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/net/fsl-fec.txt
+++ b/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/net/fsl-fec.txt
@@ -12,6 +12,9 @@ Optional properties:
   only if property "phy-reset-gpios" is available.  Missing the property
   will have the duration be 1 millisecond.  Numbers greater than 1000 are
   invalid and 1 millisecond will be used instead.
+- phy-reset-active-low : If present then the reset sequence using the GPIO
+  specified in the "phy-reset-gpios" property is reversed (H=reset state,
+  L=operation state).
____________________________

Shouldn't this be named phy-reset-active-high, as you are making the reset active high
H=reset, L= normal operation

Troy