Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/3] net: macb: Fix coding style issues

From: Nicolas Ferre <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2016 18:13:46 +0100

Le 07/03/2016 17:17, Moritz Fischer a écrit :
> Hi Nicolas,
> 
> this series deals with most of the checkpatch warnings
> generated for macb. There are two BUG_ON()'s that I didn't touch, yet,
> that were suggested by checkpatch, that I can address in a follow up
> commit if needed.
> Let me know if you want me to split the fixes differently or squash
> them into one commit.

Hi,

I'm not usually fond of this type of patches, but I must admit that this
series corrects some style issues.

So, I would like more feedback from Michal and Cyrille as these changes
may delay some of the not-merged-yet features or more important
work-in-progress on their side.

On the other hand, if we all think it's a calm period for this macb
driver, we may find interesting to merge some "cleanup and style"
enhancements.

Thanks, bye,

> Moritz Fischer (3):
>   net: macb: Fix coding style error message
>   net: macb: Fix more coding style issues
>   net: macb: Address checkpatch 'check' suggestions
> 
>  drivers/net/ethernet/cadence/macb.c | 157 ++++++++++++++++--------------------
>  1 file changed, 71 insertions(+), 86 deletions(-)
> 

-- 
Nicolas Ferre