Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 0/3] net/phy: Improvements to Cavium Thunder MDIO code.

From: David Daney <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2016 13:12:53 -0700

On 03/14/2016 12:27 PM, David Miller wrote:
> From: David Daney <[email-masked]>
> Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2016 09:53:08 -0800
>
>> Changes from v1:
>>
>>   - In 1/3 Add back check for non-OF objects in bgx_init_of_phy().  It
>>     is probably not necessary, but better safe than sorry...
>>
>> The firmware on many Cavium Thunder systems configures the MDIO bus
>> hardware to be probed as a PCI device.  In order to use the MDIO bus
>> drivers in this configuration, we must add PCI probing to the driver.
>>
>> There are two parts to this set of three patches:
>>
>>   1) Cleanup the PHY probing code in thunder_bgx.c to handle the case
>>      where there is no PHY attached to a port, as well as being more
>>      robust in the face of driver loading order by use of
>>      -EPROBE_DEFER.
>>
>>   2) Split mdio-octeon.c into two drivers, one with platform probing,
>>   and the other with PCI probing.  Common code is shared between the
>>   two.
>>
>> Tested on several different Thunder and OCTEON systems, also compile
>> tested on x86_64.
>
> Series applied, thanks David.

Thanks, but ... I was going to send another revision.

See: https://lkml.org/lkml/2016/3/11/721

There were a couple of items I wanted to fix.

   1) Missing MODULE_LICENSE() in new common code source file results in 
taint warnings.

   2) Fix device reference counts for -EPROBE_DEFER case.

At this point, I think the best path forward is for me to rebase against 
net-next and send you a small fixup set to what was merged.

What do you think?

David Daney