Subject: Re: [PATCH] net: phy: at803x: Request 'reset' GPIO only for AT8030 PHY

From: Sebastian Frias <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2016 11:10:48 +0100

Hi Sergei,

>>    What I don't understand is why the link_change_notify() method ptr is
>> populated for all 3 supported chips while only being needed on 8030...
> 
> You are right.

I made the patch but I'm unsure about it because it could conflict with
yours.
I mean, I think you submitted a patch to change the GPIO handling on the
link_change_notify() function, right?

Well, if we only register the callback for the AT8030, then there is no
more need for the callback to check the PHY ID.
However, if I change that, the whole block moves as I remove one
indentation level (the one required by the PHY ID check).

Any suggestions on how to create a patch that won't conflict? I probably
need to use a tree that already has your patch applied.

Best regards,

Sebastian