Subject: Re: [PATCH] net: phy: at803x: Request 'reset' GPIO only for AT8030 PHY

From: Sergei Shtylyov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2016 16:40:58 +0300

On 03/24/2016 01:10 PM, Sebastian Frias wrote:

>>>     What I don't understand is why the link_change_notify() method ptr is
>>> populated for all 3 supported chips while only being needed on 8030...
>>
>> You are right.
>
> I made the patch but I'm unsure about it because it could conflict with
> yours.
> I mean, I think you submitted a patch to change the GPIO handling on the
> link_change_notify() function, right?

> Well, if we only register the callback for the AT8030, then there is no
> more need for the callback to check the PHY ID.
> However, if I change that, the whole block moves as I remove one
> indentation level (the one required by the PHY ID check).
>
> Any suggestions on how to create a patch that won't conflict? I probably
> need to use a tree that already has your patch applied.

    My patch is already in Linus' tree, so should be merged back from net.git 
into net-next.git
soon. I suggest that you wait until net-next is open again.

> Best regards,
> Sebastian

MBR, Sergei