Subject: Re: [PATCH] stmmac: Fix phy without MDIO subnode

From: Giuseppe CAVALLARO <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2016 09:40:09 +0200

Hello Robert

On 3/30/2016 8:22 PM, Robert Gadsdon wrote:
> I have applied this to my Rock2 - Kernel 4.6-rc1 - and eth0 is present,
> now, but no network traffic gets through:

there are some patches not yet applied that fix known
problems

pls take a look at :

"stmmac: MDIO fixes"

and

[PATCH (net-next.git)] STMMAC: fix TX Normal descriptor

peppe

>
> To rock2:
> $ ping rgrock2
> PING rgrock2 (192.168.0.xx) 56(84) bytes of data.
> ^C
> --- rgrock2 ping statistics ---
> 9 packets transmitted, 0 received, 100% packet loss, time 7999ms
>
>>>From rock2:
> # ping 192.168.0.x
> PING 192.168.0.x (192.168.0.2) 56(84) bytes of data.
>>>From 192.168.0.xx icmp_seq=1 Destination Host Unreachable
>>>From 192.168.0.xx icmp_seq=2 Destination Host Unreachable
>>>From 192.168.0.xx icmp_seq=3 Destination Host Unreachable
>>>From 192.168.0.xx icmp_seq=4 Destination Host Unreachable
>>>From 192.168.0.xx icmp_seq=5 Destination Host Unreachable
>>>From 192.168.0.xx icmp_seq=6 Destination Host Unreachable
>>>From 192.168.0.xx icmp_seq=7 Destination Host Unreachable
>>>From 192.168.0.xx icmp_seq=8 Destination Host Unreachable
>
> --- 192.168.0.x ping statistics ---
> 9 packets transmitted, 0 received, +8 errors, 100% packet loss, time 8001ms
>
> Everything worked OK with kernel 4.5-rc7, and with 4.5 Final with the
> -rc7 versions of stmmac_platform.c and stmmac_mdio.c substituted..
>
> Robert Gadsdon. March 30, 2016
>