Subject: Re: [PATCH] sh_eth: re-enable-E-MAC interrupts in sh_eth_set_ringparam()

From: Sergei Shtylyov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2016 20:10:50 +0300

Hello.

On 04/10/2016 04:27 AM, David Miller wrote:

>> The E-MAC interrupts are left disabled when the ring parameters are changed
>> via 'ethtool'. In order to fix this, it's enough to call sh_eth_dev_init()
>> with 'true' instead of 'false' for the second argument (which conveniently
>> allows us to remove the following code re-enabling E-DMAC interrupts and
>> reception).
>>
>> Signed-off-by: Sergei Shtylyov <[email-masked]>
>
> Applied, thanks.

    Thanks!
    Unfortunately, this patch isn't fit for the stable kernels because there's 
a prerequisite cleanup (most recent patch merged to this driver). I clearly 
hadn't thought this out well -- should have enabled the E-MAC interrupts 
outside sh_eth_dev_init() and then removed the duplicate code like I did here.

MBR, Sergei