Subject: iproute2: bash completion function for tc

From: Quentin Monnet <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2016 09:28:17 +0200

Hi Jamal, Stephen,

I searched for a function providing auto-completion for `tc` utility in
bash, but I found none. So I have created one, and I would like share it
with the community. It is available here:
https://github.com/6WIND/tc_bash-completion/blob/master/tc
I would like to make it easily available to tc users, so here is a
twofold request:

* I do not know where to submit the code. Should I submit here on netdev
for inclusion in iproute2 package, or rather to the bash-completion
repository on GitHub? I feel like it would receive better feedback and
updates if pushed to iproute2. Could you please provide some advice here?
* The completion for `tc` seems to work well; I have tested it with many
commands, but I am no tc expert, and there are probably some cases where
the completion fails to propose the correct choices. I would be really
interested in any feedback/bug reports that you, or anyone on this list
who uses tc, could provide.

Best regards,
Quentin