Subject: Re: [PATCH RFT 1/2] phylib: add device reset GPIO support

From: Florian Fainelli <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2016 11:32:47 -0700

On 04/28/2016 03:12 PM, Sergei Shtylyov wrote:
> The PHY devices sometimes do have their reset signal (maybe even power
> supply?) tied to some GPIO and sometimes it also does happen that a boot
> loader does not leave it deasserted. So far this issue has been attacked
> from (as I believe) a wrong angle: by teaching the MAC driver to manipulate
> the GPIO in question; that solution, when applied to the device trees, led
> to adding the PHY reset GPIO properties to the MAC device node, with one
> exception: Cadence MACB driver which could handle the "reset-gpios" prop
> in a PHY device subnode. I believe that the correct approach is to teach
> the 'phylib' to get the MDIO device reset GPIO from the device tree node
> corresponding to this device -- which this patch is doing...
> 
> Note that I had to modify the  AT803x PHY driver as it would stop working
> otherwise as it made use of the reset GPIO for its own purposes...
> 
> Signed-off-by: Sergei Shtylyov <[email-masked]>

This looks good to me:

Acked-by: Florian Fainelli <[email-masked]>

Can you follow up with changes in phy_{suspend,resume} if that is also
an use case that you have?
-- 
Florian