Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/2] [v4] net: emac: emac gigabit ethernet controller driver

From: Timur Tabi <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2016 17:27:52 -0500

Florian Fainelli wrote:
>> +/* Transmit the packet */
>> >+static int emac_start_xmit(struct sk_buff *skb, struct net_device *netdev)
>> >+{
>> >+	struct emac_adapter *adpt = netdev_priv(netdev);
>> >+
>> >+	return emac_mac_tx_buf_send(adpt, &adpt->tx_q, skb);

> I would inline emac_mac_tx_buf_send()'s body here to make it much easier
> to read and audit...

I'm close to submitting a v5 of this patchset.  The change to phylib has 
resulted in significant other changes.  I'm sure it's still not quite 
right, so I ask your patience in reviewing it.

However, I'm not sure inlining emac_mac_tx_buf_send() into 
emac_start_xmit() is good idea.  That would result in moving several 
functions from emac-mac.c into emac.c.  I'm concerned about maintaining 
the functional split between the two files.

-- 
Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc.
The Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of the Code Aurora
Forum, a Linux Foundation collaborative project.