Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next] net, cls: allow for deleting all filters for given parent

From: Daniel Borkmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2016 21:25:46 +0200

On 06/06/2016 07:12 PM, Cong Wang wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 4, 2016 at 9:24 AM, Daniel Borkmann <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> +       if (n->nlmsg_type == RTM_DELTFILTER && prio == 0) {
>> +               tcf_destroy_chain(chain);
>> +               err = 0;
>> +               goto errout;
>> +       }
>
> We need to notify users we removed which filters, right?

As far as I know, most such use cases that listen on this are bypasses
that mirror kernel configs from user space ... but well, sure, I can add
a notification if people care. Would do this as a separate patch.

Looking into this, I would probably make this a single notification that
denotes this 'wild-card' removal for that parent instead of calling
tfilter_notify() for each filter separately (which allocs skb, dumps it,
etc), qdisc del doesn't loop through it either, so probably fine this way.

Thanks,
Daniel