Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next] net, cls: allow for deleting all filters for given parent

From: Jamal Hadi Salim <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2016 07:49:41 -0400

On 16-06-09 06:54 PM, Cong Wang wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 8, 2016 at 2:30 PM, Daniel Borkmann <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> On 06/06/2016 09:52 PM, Cong Wang wrote:
>>>
>>> On Mon, Jun 6, 2016 at 12:25 PM, Daniel Borkmann <[email-masked]>
>>> wrote:
>>

>> I've been playing around with both options and am actually currently
>> leaning towards the tfilter_notify() for each proto for the reason
>> that user space tc monitors can simply stay as is. F.e., if someone
>> keeps an older libnl binary that wouldn't understand such a wildcard
>> message, then elements in libnl cache won't receive updates since the
>> meta data won't match on them (average case, there probably are only
>> one up to a handful of classifiers per parent) ... hm, different topic
>> but still wondering whether libnl relying on such messages is a good
>> idea in general since under stress tfilter_notify() can also fail and
>> user space won't get the updates (except for queries with RTM_GETTFILTER).
>
> Don't worry about any failure in tfilter_notify(), we call it in
> non-wildcard removal too. Your current patch looks good to me.
>
> Thanks!
>

Daniel, I acked this already (sorry I missed the event notification
bits).

Acked-by: Jamal Hadi Salim <[email-masked]>

cheers,
jamal