Subject: Re: [very-RFC 0/8] TSN driver for the kernel

From: Takashi Sakamoto <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2016 12:27:38 +0900

Hi Richard,

On Tue, 14 Jun 2016 19:04:44 +0200, Richard Cochran write:
 >> Well, I guess I should have said, I am not too familiar with the
 >> breadth of current audio hardware, high end or low end.  Of course I
 >> would like to see even consumer devices work with AVB, but it is up to
 >> the ALSA people to make that happen.  So far, nothing has been done,
 >> afaict.

In OSS world, there's few developers for this kind of devices, even if 
it's alsa-project. Furthermore, manufacturerer for recording equipments 
have no interests in OSS.

In short, what we can do for these devices is just to 
reverse-engineering. For models of Ethernet-AVB, it might be just to 
transfer or receive packets, and read them. The devices are still 
black-boxes and we have no ways to reveal their details.

So when you require the details to implement something in your side, few 
developers can tell you, I think.

Regards

Takashi Sakamoto