Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next V4 0/6] switch to use tx skb array in tun

From: Jason Wang <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2016 17:14:19 +0800

On 2016年07月08日 14:19, Michael S. Tsirkin wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 06, 2016 at 01:45:58PM -0400, Craig Gallek wrote:
>> >On Thu, Jun 30, 2016 at 2:45 AM, Jason Wang<[email-masked]>  wrote:
>>> > >Hi all:
>>> > >
>>> > >This series tries to switch to use skb array in tun. This is used to
>>> > >eliminate the spinlock contention between producer and consumer. The
>>> > >conversion was straightforward: just introdce a tx skb array and use
>>> > >it instead of sk_receive_queue.
>> >
>> >I'm seeing the splat below after this series.  I'm still wrapping my
>> >head around this code, but it appears to be happening because the
>> >tun_struct passed into tun_queue_resize is uninitialized.
>> >Specifically, iteration over the disabled list_head fails because prev
>> >= next = NULL.  This seems to happen when a startup script on my test
>> >machine changes the queue length.  I'll try to figure out what's
>> >happening, but if it's obvious to someone else from the stack, please
>> >let me know.
> Don't see anything obvious. I'm traveling, will look at it when I'm back
> unless it's fixed by then. Jason, any idea?
>

Looks like Craig has posted a fix to this:

http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/645645/
_______________________________________________
Virtualization mailing list
[email-masked]
https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/virtualization