Subject: Re: [PATCH net 1/2] net: ethoc: Fix early error paths

From: Florian Fainelli <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2016 10:15:05 -0700

Hi Andrew,

On 07/11/2016 10:11 AM, Andrew Lunn wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 11, 2016 at 10:04:10AM -0700, Florian Fainelli wrote:
>> In case any operation fails before we can successfully go the point
>> where we would register a MDIO bus, we would be going to an error label
>> which involves unregistering then freeing this yet to be created MDIO
>> bus. Update all error paths to go to label free which is the only one
>> valid until either the clock is enabled, or the MDIO bus is allocated
>> and registered. This fixes kernel panics such as this one:
>>
>> Fixes: a1702857724f ("net: Add support for the OpenCores 10/100 Mbps Ethernet MAC.")
> 
> Hi Florian
> 
> Did you intend to paste a panic here?

I did, and then realized this was not so helpful since the NULL pointer
de-reference was fairly obvious, the driver is also not widely used
(AFAICT), I will respin the commit message to remove the last sentence,
thanks!
-- 
Florian