Subject: Re: Buggy rhashtable walking

From: Ben Greear <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2016 04:46:43 -0700

On 08/05/2016 03:50 AM, Johannes Berg wrote:
> On Fri, 2016-08-05 at 18:48 +0800, Herbert Xu wrote:
>> On Fri, Aug 05, 2016 at 08:16:53AM +0200, Johannes Berg wrote:
>>>
>>> Hm. Would you rather allocate a separate head entry for the
>>> hashtable,
>>> or chain the entries?
>>
>> My plan is to build support for this directly into rhashtable.
>> So I'm adding a struct rhlist_head that would be used in place
>> of rhash_head for these cases and it'll carry an extra pointer
>> for the list of identical entries.
>>
>> I will then add an additional layer of insert/lookup interfaces
>> for rhlist_head.

Herbert, thank you for fixing this!

It would not be fun to have to revert to the old way of hashing
stations in mac80211...

I'll be happy to test the patches when you have them ready.

Ben

-- 
Ben Greear <[email-masked]>
Candela Technologies Inc  http://www.candelatech.com