Subject: Re: [PATCH net] net, sched: fix soft lockup in tc_classify

From: John Fastabend <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2016 09:50:54 -0800

On 16-12-22 08:53 AM, David Miller wrote:
> From: Daniel Borkmann <[email-masked]>
> Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2016 22:07:48 +0100
> 
>> Ok, you mean for net. In that case I prefer the smaller sized fix to
>> be honest. It also covers everything from the point where we fetch
>> the chain via cops->tcf_chain() to the end of the function, which is
>> where most of the complexity resides, and only the two mentioned
>> commits do the relock, so as a fix I think it's fine as-is. As
>> mentioned, if there's need to refactor tc_ctl_tfilter() net-next
>> would be better, imho.
> 
> Please, can you two work towards an agreement as to what fix should
> go in at this time?
> 
> Thanks.
> 

Thanks for fixing this!

I have a slight preference to push this patch into net as its been
tested already by Shahar and is not particularly invasive. Then for
net-next do a larger cleanup to get rid of some of the complexity per
Cong's suggestion.

.John