Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/3] ath10k: remove ath10k_vif_to_arvif()

From: Ben Greear <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2017 06:46:47 -0800

On 02/07/2017 01:14 AM, Valo, Kalle wrote:
> Adrian Chadd <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Removing this method makes the diff to FreeBSD larger, as "vif" in
>> FreeBSD is a different pointer.
>>
>> (Yes, I have ath10k on freebsd working and I'd like to find a way to
>> reduce the diff moving forward.)
>
> I don't like this "(void *) vif->drv_priv" style that much either but
> apparently it's commonly used in Linux wireless code and already parts
> of ath10k. So this patch just unifies the coding style.

Surely the code compiles to the same thing, so why add a patch that
makes it more difficult for Adrian and makes the code no easier to read
for the rest of us?

Thanks,
Ben

-- 
Ben Greear <[email-masked]>
Candela Technologies Inc  http://www.candelatech.com