Subject: Re: [PATCH 07/12] brcmfmac: Convert ALLFFMAC to ether_broadcast_addr

From: Arend van Spriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2018 21:00:36 +0200

On 3/31/2018 9:05 AM, Joe Perches wrote:
> Remove the local ALLFFMAC extern array and use the new global instead.

I stumbled upon this one couple of weeks ago. I moved the definition to 
flowring.c although I considered for a moment to pick up the task you 
took here valiantly.

> Miscellanea:
>
> o Convert char *mac to const char *mac as it can't be modified

The real reason is off course that your new global is const and thus mac 
variable need to be const as well to avoid compiler warning.

I have to agree with Kalle regarding the upstream logistics, but for 
what it is worth...

Acked-by: Arend van Spriel <[email-masked]>
> Signed-off-by: Joe Perches <[email-masked]>
> ---
>   drivers/net/wireless/broadcom/brcm80211/brcmfmac/common.c   | 2 --
>   drivers/net/wireless/broadcom/brcm80211/brcmfmac/common.h   | 2 --
>   drivers/net/wireless/broadcom/brcm80211/brcmfmac/flowring.c | 8 ++++----
>   3 files changed, 4 insertions(+), 8 deletions(-)