Subject: Re: LLTX and netif_stop_queue

From: Eric Lemoine <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 08:41:40 +0100

> Two (untested) patches implementing what I described above.
> 
> The first pach (sch_generic.patch) keeps queue_lock held in
> qdisc_restart() when calling hard_start_xmit() of a LLTX driver. The
> second (sungem.patch) makes sungem release queue_lock after grabbing
> its private tx lock.
> 
> Note that the modifications made to qdisc_restart() are not compatible
> with the current LLTX drivers. All LLTX drivers must be modified along
> sungem.patch's lines. Take sungem.patch as an example of how things
> must be done.

Correction: the current LLTX drivers need not be modified to work
correctly. However, as an opimisation, they can modified along
sungem.patch's line.

Thanks,
-- 
Eric