Subject: Re: LLTX and netif_stop_queue

From: Eric Lemoine <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 17:41:05 +0100

On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 07:57:14 -0800, Roland Dreier <[email-masked]> wrote:
>     jamal> Andi or anyone else - has anyone really done perfomance
>     jamal> analysis of LLTX (with anything other than loopback) and
>     jamal> shown it has any value? Maybe time to just shoot the damn
>     jamal> thing.
> 
> For the IPoIB driver, it seems to be worth a couple percent.  It's
> hard to get really consistent results but on my pair of test systems,
> TCP throughput with netperf goes up by about 30 Mbps out of roughly
> 1900 Mbps total.  It's probably not worth the complexity in the net
> core if all drivers only get that level of improvement.
> 
>  - Roland
> 

What are your machines? In particular, how many CPUs do they have?

-- 
Eric