Subject: Re: A problem with "ip=..." ipconfig and Atheros alx driver.

From: Nikolai Zhubr <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 01 May 2021 03:01:27 +0300

Hi Johannes,

30.04.2021 22:02, Johannes Berg:
[...]
> The more reasonable thing is probably to just rework the locking here,
> but that's a touchy subject I guess.
>
> How about this?
>
> https://p.sipsolutions.net/5adbe659fb061f06.txt

Is it supposed to work correctly for unmodified 5.12 kernel? Because it 
applies cleanly, but the resulting kernel never finishes booting. No 
panic happens, it just kind of gets stuck forever. Likely somewhere 
within this ip config steps. The carrier timeout countdown does not show 
up, but console scrollback magic still does work, so it is not a 
complete crash.

Thank you,

Regards,
Nikolai

> johannes