Subject: Re: Realtek 8139 problem on 486.

From: Nikolai Zhubr <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2021 10:32:25 +0300

Hello Maciej,

15.07.2021 2:32, Maciej W. Rozycki:
>>   Anyway, this the ALi M1489/M1487 chipset and no datasheet is easily
>> available (perhaps Nvidia, which bought the chipset part of ALi back in
>> 2006, has a copy, but I wouldn't bet on it).  A product brief is available
>> that says the chipset supports PCI steering, but we can only guess how it
>> works.
>
>   I have actually tracked a datasheet down now, so I'll see what I can do.
> The southbridge has a separate edge/level trigger mode control register
> for PIRQ lines in addition to the usual ELCR register, so it will require
> extra handling and the wording is not as clear as with Intel documentation
> (understandably), so it may require further experimentation.

Thank you very much for investigating this! Tomorrow I'll likely be able 
to pull this motherboard out and arrange it for whatever testing might 
be necessary. However I'll be in a trip for a couple of weeks soon so 
please excuse some possible delay in my replies. I'm definitely willing 
to make all efforts to get it supported.

Regards,
Nikolai

>    Maciej