Subject: Re: [PATCH v8 00/13] Adds support for PHY LEDs with offload triggers

From: Christian Marangi <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2023 19:43:23 +0100

On Wed, Feb 22, 2023 at 03:02:04PM +0000, Lee Jones wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Feb 2023, Andrew Lunn wrote:
> 
> > On Thu, Feb 16, 2023 at 02:32:17AM +0100, Christian Marangi wrote:
> > > This is another attempt on adding this feature on LEDs, hoping this is
> > > the right time and someone finally notice this.
> > 
> > Hi Christian
> > 
> > Thanks for keeping working on this.
> > 
> > I want to review it, and maybe implement LED support in a PHY
> > driver. But i'm busy with reworking EEE at the moment.
> > 
> > The merge window is about to open, so patches are not going to be
> > accepted for the next two weeks. So i will take a look within that
> > time and give you feedback.
> 
> Thanks Andrew.  If Pavel is still unavailable to conduct reviews, I'm
> going to need all the help I can get with complex submissions such as
> these.
> 

Hi Lee,
thanks for stepping in. Just wanted to tell you I got some message with
Andrew to make this thing less problematic and to dry/make it more
review friendly.

We decided on pushing this in 3 step:
1. Propose most basic things for some switch and some PHY. (brightness
and blink_set support only, already supported by LED core)
2. A small series that should be just a cleanup for the netdev trigger
3. Support for hw_control in the most possible clean and way with small
patch to they are not hard to track and understand the concept of this
feature.

I'm starting with the step 1 and sending some of my patch and Andrew
patch to add basic support and I will add you and LED mailing list in
Cc.

Again thanks for starting checking this and feel free to ask any
question about this to me also privately, I'm very open to any help.

-- 
	Ansuel