Subject: Re: [net-next PATCH 09/11] dt-bindings: net: dsa: qca8k: add LEDs definition example

From: Christian Marangi <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2023 20:02:17 +0100

On Wed, Mar 08, 2023 at 07:49:26PM +0100, Krzysztof Kozlowski wrote:
> On 08/03/2023 14:57, Andrew Lunn wrote:
> > On Wed, Mar 08, 2023 at 11:58:33AM +0100, Krzysztof Kozlowski wrote:
> >> On 07/03/2023 18:00, Christian Marangi wrote:
> >>> Add LEDs definition example for qca8k Switch Family to describe how they
> >>> should be defined for a correct usage.
> >>>
> >>> Signed-off-by: Christian Marangi <[email-masked]>
> >>
> >> Where is the changelog? This was v8 already! What happened with all
> >> review, changes?
> > 
> > Did you read patch 0?
> > 
> > We have decided to start again, starting small and working up. This
> > patchset just adds plain, boring LEDs. No acceleration, on hardware
> > offload. Just on/off, and fixed blink.
> 
> Sure, but the patch is carried over. So what happened with all its
> feedback? Was there or was not? How can we know?
>

The history of the old series is a bit sad, not enough review, another
dev asking for a different implementation and me doing an hybrid to
reach a common point (and then disappear intro oblivion)...

Short story is that this current series have nothing related to the HW
offload feature and only in v7 it was asked to put the LED nodes in
ethernet-phy.yaml

I can put in the cover letter of v2 of this series the changelog of the
previous series but they would only be related to other part that are
not related to this.

Just to give you some context and explain why the changelog was dropped.

> > 
> > What do you think makes the patchset is not bisectable? We are happy
> > to address such issues, but i did not notice anything.
> 
> I didn't write anything like that here...
> 

-- 
	Ansuel