Subject: Re: [net-next PATCH 1/2] dt-bindings: Document QCA808x PHYs

From: Christian Marangi <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2023 18:19:46 +0100

On Mon, Dec 11, 2023 at 04:54:12PM +0100, Andrew Lunn wrote:
> > Mhhh with a generic property and LED core or phylib handling it... How
> > it would work applying that setting on PHY side?
> 
> Add a .led_set_polarity callback to the PHY driver structure?
> 
> Take a look at other LED drivers. Does anything similar already exist?
> It is unlikely that PHYs are the only sort of LED to have a polarity.
>

Interesting topic... With a quick grep on Documentation for polarity of
high, I can't find any use of it...

Also main problem is that the thing is controlled globally and not per
LED. (can be handled internally to the driver with some priv and check
magic)

Is it worth to impemement the additional API to control this? And I
guess a egenric binding should be added to ethernet-phy? Or should it be
added to LEDs?

-- 
	Ansuel