Subject: Re: ipvs_syncmaster brings cpu to 100%

From: Luca Maranzano <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 17:59:44 +0200

First of all thank you all for your precious support! :-)

The two machines on which I discovered the problem are now in
production and I cannot for the moment make tests, but I hope to have
some other hardware to try in the next week.
I'll let you know ASAP.

Thanks,
Luca

>
> Yes, the information in that thread is the same as what Luca said. It's
> a load average problem, not a CPU utilisation problem (those threads are
> sleeping!) If Luca could test the msleep_interruptible() version of the
> patch and it works (like I said, performance should not change, but the
> load average will drop to by 2), then I will ACK the patch for mainline
> acceptance.
>
> Thanks,
> Nish
>