Subject: [PATCH 6/8] netpoll: pre-fill skb pool

From: Matt Mackall <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 21:19:11 -0500

we could do one thing (see the patch below): i think it would be useful 
to fill up the netlogging skb queue straight at initialization time.  
Especially if netpoll is used for dumping alone, the system might not be 
in a situation to fill up the queue at the point of crash, so better be 
a bit more prepared and keep the pipeline filled.

	Ingo

Signed-off-by: Ingo Molnar <[email-masked]>

I've modified this to be called earlier - mpm

Signed-off-by: Matt Mackall <[email-masked]>

Index: l/net/core/netpoll.c
===================================================================
--- l.orig/net/core/netpoll.c	2005-08-08 23:00:48.000000000 -0500
+++ l/net/core/netpoll.c	2005-08-11 01:50:31.000000000 -0500
@@ -724,6 +724,10 @@ int netpoll_setup(struct netpoll *np)
 		npinfo->rx_np = np;
 		spin_unlock_irqrestore(&npinfo->rx_lock, flags);
 	}
+
+	/* fill up the skb queue */
+	refill_skbs();
+
 	/* last thing to do is link it to the net device structure */
 	ndev->npinfo = npinfo;