Subject: Re: [PATCH can-next v5 00/20] can: rockchip_canfd: add support for CAN-FD IP core found on Rockchip RK3568

From: Heiko Stübner <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2024 10:55:21 +0200

Hi Marc,

Am Mittwoch, 4. September 2024, 10:12:44 CEST schrieb Marc Kleine-Budde:
> This series adds support for the CAN-FD IP core found on the Rockchip
> RK3568.
> 
> The IP core is a bit complicated and has several documented errata.
> The driver is added in several stages, first the base driver including
> the RX-path. Then several workarounds for errata and the TX-path, and
> finally features like hardware time stamping, loop-back mode and
> bus error reporting.
> 
> regards,
> Marc
> 
> Signed-off-by: Marc Kleine-Budde <[email-masked]>

I have neither CAN knowledge, nor hardware to test, but the integration
itself looks pretty easy and straight-forward.

Not sure how much it helps, but at this moment I assume you know what
you're doing with respect to the CAN controller ;-)

Rest of the series (that hasn't got a Rb):

Acked-by: Heiko Stuebner <[email-masked]>

How/when are you planning on applying stuff?

I.e. if you're going to apply things still for 6.12, you could simply take
the whole series if the dts patches still apply to your tree ;-)

Heiko