Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next 3/4] net: dsa: mv88e6xxx: Add support for bridge port locked feature

From: Hans Schultz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2022 13:14:45 +0100

On mån, feb 07, 2022 at 15:05, Andrew Lunn <[email-masked]> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 07, 2022 at 11:07:41AM +0100, Hans Schultz wrote:
>> Supporting bridge port locked mode using the 802.1X mode in Marvell
>> mv88e6xxx switchcores is described in the '88E6096/88E6097/88E6097F
>> Datasheet', sections 4.4.6, 4.4.7 and 5.1.2.1 (Drop on Lock).
>
> This implementation seems to be incorrect for 6390X, and maybe
> others. I just picked a modern devices at random, and it is different,
> so didn't check any other devices.  The 6390X uses bits 14 and 15, not
> just bit 14.
>
> So either you need to narrow down support to just those devices this
> actually works for, or you need to add implementations for all
> generations, via an op in mv88e6xxx_ops.
>
>     Andrew

The 6096 and 6097 also use both bits 15 and 14, with '01' being Drop On
Lock and the default being '00' No SA filtering. '11' is drop to CPU, which
can also be used for 801.1X, so 'x1' should suffice for these devices,
thus setting bit 14 seems appropriate.