Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next 3/6] net: dcb: add new rewrite table

From: Petr Machata <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2023 16:51:17 +0100

Daniel Machon <[email-masked]> writes:

> Add new rewrite table and all the required functions, offload hooks and
> bookkeeping for maintaining it. The rewrite table reuses the app struct,
> and the entire set of app selectors. As such, some bookeeping code can
> be shared between the rewrite- and the APP table.
>
> New functions for getting, setting and deleting entries has been added.
> Apart from operating on the rewrite list, these functions do not emit a
> DCB_APP_EVENT when the list os modified. The new dcb_getrewr does a
> lookup based on selector and priority and returns the protocol, so that
> mappings from priority to protocol, for a given selector and ifindex is
> obtained.

Yeah, the call_dcbevent_notifiers() business can be added when there are
any users.

>
> Also, a new nested attribute has been added, that encapsulates one or
> more app structs. This attribute is used to distinguish the two tables.
>
> The dcb_lock used for the APP table is reused for the rewrite table.
>
> Signed-off-by: Daniel Machon <[email-masked]>

No comments about the code besides what Dan has pointed out.