Subject: Re: [PATCH v7 12/24] wfx: add hif_api_*.h

From: Kalle Valo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2021 14:45:42 +0300

Jerome Pouiller <[email-masked]> writes:

> From: Jérôme Pouiller <[email-masked]>
>
> Signed-off-by: Jérôme Pouiller <[email-masked]>

[...]

> +#define HIF_STATUS_SUCCESS                         (cpu_to_le32(0x0000))
> +#define HIF_STATUS_FAIL                            (cpu_to_le32(0x0001))
> +#define HIF_STATUS_INVALID_PARAMETER               (cpu_to_le32(0x0002))
> +#define HIF_STATUS_WARNING                         (cpu_to_le32(0x0003))
> +#define HIF_STATUS_UNKNOWN_REQUEST                 (cpu_to_le32(0x0004))
> +#define HIF_STATUS_RX_FAIL_DECRYPT                 (cpu_to_le32(0x0010))
> +#define HIF_STATUS_RX_FAIL_MIC                     (cpu_to_le32(0x0011))
> +#define HIF_STATUS_RX_FAIL_NO_KEY                  (cpu_to_le32(0x0012))
> +#define HIF_STATUS_TX_FAIL_RETRIES                 (cpu_to_le32(0x0013))
> +#define HIF_STATUS_TX_FAIL_TIMEOUT                 (cpu_to_le32(0x0014))
> +#define HIF_STATUS_TX_FAIL_REQUEUE                 (cpu_to_le32(0x0015))
> +#define HIF_STATUS_REFUSED                         (cpu_to_le32(0x0016))
> +#define HIF_STATUS_BUSY                            (cpu_to_le32(0x0017))
> +#define HIF_STATUS_SLK_SET_KEY_SUCCESS             (cpu_to_le32(0x005A))
> +#define HIF_STATUS_SLK_SET_KEY_ALREADY_BURNED      (cpu_to_le32(0x006B))
> +#define HIF_STATUS_SLK_SET_KEY_DISALLOWED_MODE     (cpu_to_le32(0x007C))
> +#define HIF_STATUS_SLK_SET_KEY_UNKNOWN_MODE        (cpu_to_le32(0x008D))
> +#define HIF_STATUS_SLK_NEGO_SUCCESS                (cpu_to_le32(0x009E))
> +#define HIF_STATUS_SLK_NEGO_FAILED                 (cpu_to_le32(0x00AF))
> +#define HIF_STATUS_ROLLBACK_SUCCESS                (cpu_to_le32(0x1234))
> +#define HIF_STATUS_ROLLBACK_FAIL                   (cpu_to_le32(0x1256))

I think it's a bad idea to use cpu_to_le32 here. Just define in cpu
order and use cpu_to_le32() whenever using these defines.

-- 
https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/linux-wireless/list/

https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/developers/documentation/submittingpatches