Subject: [PATCH net-next 0/16] Don't receive packets when the napi budget == 0

From: [email-masked] (Eric W. Biederman)
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2014 17:56:47 -0700

After reading through all 120 drivers supporting netpoll I have found 16
more that process at least received packet when the napi budget == 0.

Processing more packets than your budget has always been a bug but
we haven't cared before so it looks like these drivers slipped through,
and need fixes.

As netpoll will shortly be using a budget of 0 to get the tx queue
processing with the rx queue processing we now care.

Eric W. Biederman (16):
      bnx2x: Don't receive packets when the napi budget == 0
      i40e: Don't receive packets when the napi budget == 0
      igb: Don't receive packets when the napi budget == 0
      ixgbe: Don't receive packets when the napi budget == 0
      amd8111e: Don't receive packets when the napi budget == 0
      enic: Don't receive packets when the napi budget == 0
      fs_enet: Don't receive packets when the napi budget == 0
      ibmveth: Don't receive packets when the napi budget == 0
      sky2: Don't receive packets when the napi budget == 0
      mlx4: Don't receive packets when the napi budget == 0
      s2io: Don't receive packets when the napi budget == 0
      tilegx: Don't receive packets when the napi budget == 0
      tilepro: Don't receive packets when the napi budget == 0
      tc35815: Don't receive packets when the napi budget == 0
      vxge: Don't receive packets when the napi budget == 0
      sfc: Don't receive packets when the napi budget == 0

 drivers/net/ethernet/amd/amd8111e.c                |    3 +++
 drivers/net/ethernet/broadcom/bnx2x/bnx2x_cmn.c    |    2 ++
 drivers/net/ethernet/cisco/enic/enic_main.c        |   14 ++++++++------
 .../net/ethernet/freescale/fs_enet/fs_enet-main.c  |    3 +++
 drivers/net/ethernet/ibm/ibmveth.c                 |    4 ++--
 drivers/net/ethernet/intel/i40e/i40e_txrx.c        |    3 +++
 drivers/net/ethernet/intel/igb/igb_main.c          |    4 ++--
 drivers/net/ethernet/intel/ixgbe/ixgbe_main.c      |    4 ++--
 drivers/net/ethernet/marvell/sky2.c                |    3 +++
 drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx4/en_rx.c         |    3 +++
 drivers/net/ethernet/neterion/s2io.c               |    3 +++
 drivers/net/ethernet/neterion/vxge/vxge-main.c     |    4 ++++
 drivers/net/ethernet/sfc/ef10.c                    |    3 +++
 drivers/net/ethernet/sfc/farch.c                   |    3 +++
 drivers/net/ethernet/tile/tilegx.c                 |    3 +++
 drivers/net/ethernet/tile/tilepro.c                |    3 +++
 drivers/net/ethernet/toshiba/tc35815.c             |    3 +++
 17 files changed, 53 insertions(+), 12 deletions(-)

Eric