Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next 11/11] selftests: forwarding: Add a test for NH group stats

From: Petr Machata <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2024 17:30:54 +0100

Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Mon, 11 Mar 2024 12:00:59 +0100 Petr Machata wrote:
>> > It should run the SW parts and skip the HW ones.  
>> 
>> In fact why don't I paste the run I still have in the terminal from last
>> week:
>> 
>> [root@virtme-ng forwarding]# TESTS=" nh_stats_test_v4 nh_stats_test_v6 " ./router_mpath_nh_res.sh
>> TEST: NH stats test IPv4                                            [ OK ]
>> TEST: HW stats not offloaded on veth topology                       [SKIP]
>> TEST: NH stats test IPv6                                            [ OK ]
>> TEST: HW stats not offloaded on veth topology                       [SKIP]
>
> SKIP beats PASS so the result for the entire test (according to our
> local result parser) will be SKIP. Can we switch to XFAIL?

Sure.

But I don't think SKIP should trump PASS. IMHO SKIP is the weakest
status, soon as you have one PASS, that's what the overall outcome
should be. I guess the logic behind it was that it's useful to see the
tests that skip?