Subject: Re: [PATCH next 0/14] netfilter: Stop guessing net

From: [email-masked] (Eric W. Biederman)
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2015 13:15:14 -0500

Nicolas Dichtel <[email-masked]> writes:

> Le 18/09/2015 17:06, Eric W. Biederman a écrit :
>>
>> This is the next installment of my work to pass struct net through the
>> output path so the code does not need to guess how to figure out which
>> network namespace it is in, and ultimately routes can have output
>> devices in another network namespace.
>>
>> This round the changes focus on using nf_hook_state->net in the
>> netfilter functions, and not passing nf_hook_ops to the functions on the
>> netfilter chains.
>>
>> Given the way per network namespace operations are implemented callers
>> can not rely on addresses or games with container_of.  None of the
>> netfilter hooks do but we should remove the temptation.  Plus removing
>> the extra parameter and the extra jump to get at values should reduce
>> the number of cache line misses.
>>
>> At a practical matter this is the bulk of the work that other pieces of
>> code in the netfilter stack will depend on.
> Great!
>
> LGTM.
> Acked-by: Nicolas Dichtel <[email-masked]>

Grr.  A build bot failed to build this patchset and let me know.
Apparently a gremlin got in and disabled CONFIG_NET_ACT_CONNMARK in my
test config.

I will respin in a minute.

Eric

--
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe netfilter-devel" in
the body of a message to [email-masked]
More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html