Subject: Re: [PATCH resend] Renesas Ethernet AVB driver

From: Bjørn Mork <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2015 15:11:58 +0200

Richard Cochran <[email-masked]> writes:

> The reason for the author's SOB is to make sure that he or she is
> really authorized (like from the employer) to contribute the driver.

I believe it is wise to stick to the definition of "Developer's
Certificate of Origin 1.1" from SubmittingPatches. Which most definitely
allow you to sign off on any GPL licensed code, whether the original
author(s) included a SOB tag or not:

..
        (b) The contribution is based upon previous work that, to the best
            of my knowledge, is covered under an appropriate open source
            license and I have the right under that license to submit that
            work with modifications, whether created in whole or in part
            by me, under the same open source license (unless I am
            permitted to submit under a different license), as indicated
            in the file; or
..

Bjørn