Subject: Re: [PATCH 5/5] c/r: Add AF_UNIX support (v8)

From: Dan Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 08:36:17 -0700

OL> Before pulling this one, I took a quick look at this patch, and I
OL> saw that it still uses skb_morph despite the changelog and my
OL> memory...

That's correct.  We've been through several ways of allocating the
skb's, so it's definitely confusing.  We're back to skb_morph()
because I'm pre-allocating them for lock safety when traversing the
queues.  The only thing that is allocated is the actual skb structure
itself; the buffers are still shared like with skb_clone().

OL> 1) Move 'struct ckpt_hdr_socket' et-al to checkpoint_hdr.h

Okay, yeah, I guess we never really resolved the question of where
they really belong, but I'll put them back there for now.

OL> 2) Move everything that is af_unix specific from net/checkpoint.c
OL> to (a new) net/unix/checkpoint.c (prototypes probably in af_unix.h
OL> ?)

Um, I guess I can.  That will end up with a bunch of other
externally-defined interfaces between the generic and the specific
code, but I suppose I don't really have a solid argument against it.

OL> 3) Make sure that af_unix code does not compile (and is not called
OL> from net/checkpoint.c) unless CONFIG_UNIX is defined.

Okay.

OL> I pulled all the other patches already, will add this one once
OL> you resend.

Alright, well, ignore v9 I guess and hopefully we can settle on a nice
even number 10 :)

-- 
Dan Smith
IBM Linux Technology Center
email: [email-masked]