Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next 00/15] net: bridge: multicast: add vlan support

From: Joachim Wiberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2021 18:01:05 +0200

Hi Hik, everyone!

On Mon, Jul 19, 2021 at 20:06, Nikolay Aleksandrov <[email-masked]> wrote:
> From: Nikolay Aleksandrov <[email-masked]>
> This patchset adds initial per-vlan multicast support, most of the code
> deals with moving to multicast context pointers from bridge/port pointers.

Awesome work, this looks very interesting! :)  I've already built and
tested net-next for regressions on Marvell SOHO switches, looking good
so far.

Curious, are you planning querier per-vlan, including use-ifaddr support
as well?  In our in-house hack, which I posted a few years ago, we added
some "dumpster diving" to inet_select_addr(), but it got rather tricky.
So I've been leaning towards having that in userspace instead.

> Future patch-sets which build on this one (in order):
>  - iproute2 support for all the new uAPIs

I'm very eager to try out all the new IGMP per-VLAN stuff, do you have
any branch of the iproute2 support available yet for testing?  For now
I've hard-coded BROPT_MCAST_VLAN_SNOOPING_ENABLED in br_multicast_init()
as a workaround, and everything seems to work just as expected :-)

Best regards
 /Joachim