Subject: Re: [PATCH 5/5] c/r: Add AF_UNIX support (v7)

From: Dan Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2009 15:47:34 -0700

SH> why only free iov_base if ret!=0?

Because I was diagnosing a crash that only seemed to happen when I
free()'d the buffer after it was used by sendmsg() and I forgot to
remove this :(

>> +	a->sk_peercred.pid = task_tgid_vnr(current);
>> +	a->sk_peercred.uid = ctx->realcred->uid;

SH> I don't know how much it matters, but of course root could be
SH> restarting a set of tasks owned by several non-root uids, and the
SH> peercred.uid's might need to be something other than
ctx-> realcred->uid.  Or not?

Oh, so you're suggesting I use ctx->ecred instead?  I didn't actually
notice the double declaration in the ckpt_ctx, but I guess that would
be better.

-- 
Dan Smith
IBM Linux Technology Center
email: [email-masked]