Subject: Re: [PATCH v11 6/8] MAINTAINERS: rust: Add new sections for DELAY/SLEEP and TIMEKEEPING API

From: Andreas Hindborg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2025 12:54:40 +0200

"FUJITA Tomonori" <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Mon, 31 Mar 2025 21:43:50 +0200
> Andreas Hindborg <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>>>> If that is acceptable to everyone, it is very likely that I can pick 2-6
>>>> for v6.16.
>>>>
>>>
>>> You will need to fix something because patch 2-6 removes `Ktime` ;-)
>>
>> Yea, but `Instant` is almost a direct substitution, right? Anyway, Tomo
>> can send a new spin and change all the uses of Ktime, or I can do it. It
>> should be straight forward. Either way is fine with me.
>
> `Delta`? Not `Instant`.

It depends. Current hrtimer takes `Ktime` and supports
`HrTimerMode::Absolute` and `HrTimerMode::Relative`. With `Delta` and
`Instant` we should take `Instant` for `HrTimerMode::Absolute` and
`Delta` for `HrTimerMode::Relative`. The API needs to be modified a bit
to make that work though. Probably we need to make the start function
generic over the expiration type or something.

If you want to, you can fix that. If not, you can use `Instant` for the
relative case as well, and we shall interpret it as duration. Then I
will fix it up later. Your decision.

> All Ktime in hrtimer are passed to hrtimer_start_range_ns(), right?

Yes, that is where they end up.

> I'll send a new version shortly.

Great :)

Best regards,
Andreas Hindborg