Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/2] wifi: ath11k: use unique QRTR instance ID

From: Kalle Valo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2023 11:40:22 +0200

Robert Marko <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Wed, Jan 11, 2023 at 6:10 PM Kalle Valo <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>
>> Robert Marko <[email-masked]> writes:
>>
>> >> Really sorry, I just didn't manage to get this finalised due to other
>> >> stuff and now I'm leaving for a two week vacation :(
>> >
>> > Any news regarding this, I have a PR for ipq807x support in OpenWrt
>> > and the current workaround for supporting AHB + PCI or multiple PCI
>> > cards is breaking cards like QCA6390 which are obviously really
>> > popular.
>>
>> Sorry, came back only on Monday and trying to catch up slowly. But I
>> submitted the RFC now:
>>
>> https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/linux-wireless/patch/[email-masked]/
>
> Great, thanks for that.
>
> Does it depend on firmware-2 being available?

The final solution for the users will require firmware-2.bin. But for a
quick test you can omit the feature bit test by replacing
"test_bit(ATH11K_FW_FEATURE_MULTI_QRTR_ID, ab->fw.fw_features)" with
"true". Just make sure that the firmware release you are using supports
this feature, I believe only recent QCN9074 releases do that.

-- 
https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/linux-wireless/list/

https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/developers/documentation/submittingpatches