Subject: [PATCH] net ipv4: Allow unprivileged users to use most of the per net systctls

From: [email-masked] (Eric W. Biederman)
Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2013 16:58:43 -0700

Allow unprivileged users to use:
/proc/sys/net/ipv4/icmp_echo_ignore_all
/proc/sys/net/ipv4/icmp_echo_ignore_broadcasts
/proc/sys/net/ipv4/icmp_ignore_bogus_error_response
/proc/sys/net/ipv4/icmp_errors_use_inbound_ifaddr
/proc/sys/net/ipv4/icmp_ratelimit
/proc/sys/net/ipv4/icmp_ratemask
/proc/sys/net/ipv4/ping_group_range
/proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_ecn
/proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_local_ports_range

These are occassionally handy and after a quick review I don't see
any problems with unprivileged users using them.

Signed-off-by: "Eric W. Biederman" <[email-masked]>
---
 net/ipv4/sysctl_net_ipv4.c |    4 ++--
 1 files changed, 2 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

diff --git a/net/ipv4/sysctl_net_ipv4.c b/net/ipv4/sysctl_net_ipv4.c
index c08f096d46b5..470ea82fca51 100644
--- a/net/ipv4/sysctl_net_ipv4.c
+++ b/net/ipv4/sysctl_net_ipv4.c
@@ -898,9 +898,9 @@ static __net_init int ipv4_sysctl_init_net(struct net *net)
 		table[8].data =
 			&net->ipv4.sysctl_local_ports.range;
 
-		/* Don't export sysctls to unprivileged users */
+		/* Don't export dangerous sysctls to unprivileged users */
 		if (net->user_ns != &init_user_ns)
-			table[0].procname = NULL;
+			table[9].procname = NULL;
 	}
 
 	/*
-- 
1.7.5.4