Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next v2] GRE over IPv6

From: [email-masked] (Eric W. Biederman)
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2012 00:23:42 -0700

Dmitry Kozlov <[email-masked]> writes:

> Eric W. Biederman <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>> Why are you implementing an ioctl based instead of using netlink?
>> Last I looked using netlink to create and delete tunnels was more
>> flexible and the preferred method and the existing ioctl based methods
>> were simply being maintained for backwards compatibility.
> I have implemented both ioctl and netlink based.
> So if ioctl based is unnecessary it is not difficult to remove this
> part.
>
>> Also it appears that you have failed to include the all important
>> ip6_gre.c
> What do you mean ?

I mean quit simply your patch adds to the Makefile the line:
obj-$(CONFIG_IPV6_GRE) += ip6_gre.o

But that your patch does not include a file named ip6_gre.c

Also your patch description talks about ip6gre_tnl_link_config and
ip6gre_newlink but those functions do not exist in your patch.  I
presume those functions are implemented in the missing ip6_gre.c

So please read the patch you sent to the mailing list and figure
out which file or files are missing.

Eric