Subject: Re: [PATCH 5/5] c/r: Add AF_UNIX support (v6)

From: Dan Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 08:49:57 -0700

OL> Hmm.. then what happens when you have a circular dependency ?  For
OL> example, three dgram sockets, A, B and C where: A->B, B->C and
OL> C->A ('->' means connected).

So, I've been cooking up changes to the patch and a test for this
case.  However, it seems like it's not valid, unless I'm missing
something.  The man page for connect() says:

  If the socket sockfd is of type SOCK_DGRAM then serv_addr is the
  address to which datagrams are sent by default, and the only address
  from which datagrams are received.

So, even though you can connect() a DGRAM socket and then sendto()
datagrams to a different location, it doesn't appear that the
relationship between A and B is really valid, at least the connection
between A and B is not functional.  In fact, in my testing, if you try
to connect() C back to A, you get "Operation not permitted" because A
is already connected elsewhere.

Thoughts?

-- 
Dan Smith
IBM Linux Technology Center
email: [email-masked]