Subject: RE: [PATCH] Bpf Helper Function BPF_FUNC_skb_change_dsfield

From: Toke Høiland-Jørgensen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2022 21:59:00 +0100

Tyler Wear <[email-masked]> writes:

>> On Tue, Dec 21, 2021 at 02:13:04PM -0800, Maciej Żenczykowski wrote:
>> > > > As for what is driving this?  Upcoming wifi standard to allow
>> > > > access points to inform client devices how to dscp mark individual flows.
>> > > Interesting.
>> > >
>> > > How does the sending host get this dscp value from wifi and then
>> > > affect the dscp of a particular flow?  Is the dscp going to be
>> > > stored in a bpf map for the bpf prog to use?
>> >
>> > It gets it out of band via some wifi signaling mechanism.
>> > Tyler probably knows the details.
>> >
>> > Storing flow match information to dscp mapping in a bpf map is indeed the plan.
>> >
>
> This is for an upcoming QoS Wifi Alliance spec.

Got a link, or some other information about the specifics of this? :)

-Toke