Subject: Re: [BUG,REGRESSION?] 3.11.6+,3.12: GbE iface rate drops to few KB/s

From: [email-masked] (Arnaud Ebalard)
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2013 10:14:34 +0100

Hi,

Willy Tarreau <[email-masked]> writes:

>> That been said, even if the driver is most probably not the only one to
>> blame here (considering the result of bisect and current thread on
>> netdev), I never managed to get the performance I have on my ReadyNAS
>> Duo v2 (i.e. 108MB/s for a file served by an Apache) with a mvneta-based
>> platform (RN102, RN104 or RN2120). Understanding why is on an already a
>> long todo list. 
>
> Yes I found that your original numbers were already quite low,

Tests for the rgression were done w/ scp, and were hence limited by the
crypto (16MB/s using arcfour128). But I also did some tests w/ a simple
wget for a file served by Apache *before* the regression and I never got
more than 60MB/s from what I recall. Can you beat that? 

> so it is also possible that you have a different problem (eg: faulty
> switch or auto-negociation problem where the switch goes to half
> duplex because the neta does not advertise nway or whatever) that is
> emphasized by the latest changes

Tested w/ back to back connections to the NAS from various hosts and
through different switch. Never saturated the link.

> I can confirm that I got this message from you on netdev so it should be OK
> now.

Good. Thanks for the info.

a+