Subject: Re: NETDEV-BCM43XX BUG - Failure to associate AP with latest devscape git pull..

From: Paul Collins <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2006 12:50:25 +1300

Robert Martin <[email-masked]> writes:

> Paul Collins wrote:
>> I started playing with wireless-dev's bcm43xx-d80211 recently and
>> noticed that I had to set the frequency manually.  When I did that,
>> setting the ap manually caused the card to associate immediately.
>
> Alas, that seems to have been the problem, I was getting different
> frequencies.  Once I manually set the frequency, dhclient worked
> perfectly.  The only problem now is that I seem to be limited to very
> slow speeds (on the order of 5-20K/s, or ~120 kilobits/s).

I guess the speed problem is due to the general state of BCM4318
support, as mentioned by the developers.

I'm glad the frequency thing isn't some weird glitch that only I am
experiencing though.

-- 
Paul Collins
Wellington, New Zealand

Dag vijandelijk luchtschip de huismeester is dood