Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 bpf 1/5] net: ethtool: add xdp properties flag set

From: Toke Høiland-Jørgensen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2021 13:05:34 +0100

Marek Majtyka <[email-masked]> writes:

> Thanks Toke,
>
> In fact, I was waiting for a single confirmation, disagreement or
> comment. I have it now. As there are no more comments, I am getting
> down to work right away.

Awesome! And sorry for not replying straight away - I hate it when I
send out something myself and receive no replies, so I suppose I should
get better at not doing that myself :)

As for the inclusion of the XDP_BASE / XDP_LIMITED_BASE sets (which I
just realised I didn't reply to), I am fine with defining XDP_BASE as a
shortcut for TX/ABORTED/PASS/DROP, but think we should skip
XDP_LIMITED_BASE and instead require all new drivers to implement the
full XDP_BASE set straight away. As long as we're talking about
features *implemented* by the driver, at least; i.e., it should still be
possible to *deactivate* XDP_TX if you don't want to use the HW
resources, but I don't think there's much benefit from defining the
LIMITED_BASE set as a shortcut for this mode...

-Toke