Subject: Re: [PATCH RFC bpf-next 1/2] bpf_redirect_neigh: Support supplying the nexthop as a helper parameter

From: Toke Høiland-Jørgensen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2020 21:34:41 +0200

David Ahern <[email-masked]> writes:

> On 10/15/20 9:46 AM, Toke Høiland-Jørgensen wrote:
>> diff --git a/include/uapi/linux/bpf.h b/include/uapi/linux/bpf.h
>> index bf5a99d803e4..980cc1363be8 100644
>> --- a/include/uapi/linux/bpf.h
>> +++ b/include/uapi/linux/bpf.h
>> @@ -3677,15 +3677,19 @@ union bpf_attr {
>>   * 	Return
>>   * 		The id is returned or 0 in case the id could not be retrieved.
>>   *
>> - * long bpf_redirect_neigh(u32 ifindex, u64 flags)
>> + * long bpf_redirect_neigh(u32 ifindex, struct bpf_redir_neigh *params, int plen, u64 flags)
>
> why not fold ifindex into params? with params and plen this should be
> extensible later if needed.

Figured this way would make it easier to run *without* the params (like
in the existing examples). But don't feel strongly about it, let's see
what Daniel thinks.

> A couple of nits below that caught me eye.

Thanks, will fix; the kernel bot also found a sparse warning, so I guess
I need to respin anyway (but waiting for Daniel's comments and/or
instructions on what tree to properly submit this to).

-Toke