Subject: Re: [PATCH v6 05/16] dt-bindings: net: wireless: describe the ath12k PCI module

From: Kalle Valo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2024 12:33:52 +0300

Bartosz Golaszewski <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Mon, Mar 25, 2024 at 3:01 PM Kalle Valo <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>
>> Bartosz Golaszewski <[email-masked]> writes:
>>
>> > From: Bartosz Golaszewski <[email-masked]>
>> >
>> > +
>> > +maintainers:
>> > +  - Bartosz Golaszewski <[email-masked]>
>>
>> IMHO it would be better to have just driver maintainers listed here.
>>
>
> Why? What's wrong with having the author of the bindings in the Cc list?

If you want follow the ath12k development and review patches then you
can join the ath12k list. I'm not fond of having too many maintainers,
it's not really helping anything and just extra work to periodically
cleanup the silent maintainers.

I would ask the opposite question: why add you as the maintainer?
There's not even a single ath12k patch from you, nor I haven't seen you
doing any patch review or otherwise helping others related to ath12k.
Don't get me wrong, I value the work you do with this important powerseq
feature and hopefully we get it into the tree soon. But I don't see
adding you as a maintainer at this point.

-- 
https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/linux-wireless/list/

https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/developers/documentation/submittingpatches